Celebrate Your Wedding, or Honeymoon in the Rainforest!
Nestled between Costa Rica’s spectacular Pacuare River and a private rainforest reserve, the Pacuare Lodge is an ideal spot for an intimate, tropical wedding or honeymoon. The Pacuare Lodge’s exquisite combination of a pristine setting, elegant architecture, outdoor adventures and exemplary service make it the perfect place for nature lovers to celebrate the beginning of their life together.
Each year, more and more couples choose to combine the start of life’s great adventure – marriage – with the adventure of a lifetime – a white water rafting trip on the wild and scenic Pacuare River. Yet, you don’t need to go rafting to enjoy the Pacuare Lodge’s natural beauty, since it is accessible by land and a hanging gondola across the river, making it an option for guests of all ages.
May, 08 2009.
"Words can´t describe the beauty and magnificence of Pacuare Lodge and the men and women who work here. You treated us like royalty and gave us the biggest and most wonderful gift that exist, you shared your hearts, creativity, kindness, spirit and love and generosity. We were amazed and enchanted by every sound and experience. you helped us enter our married life in the most spectacular way ever possible."
Love to all
The lodge has a capacity for 38 adults, plus children, in charming, environmentally-friendly bungalows scattered across forested grounds. Guests can enjoy an array of outdoor options that include hiking, bird watching, a canopy tour, horseback riding and white water rafting. But the lodge is also a great place to relax, thanks to its secluded bungalows, massages and plenty of hammocks to enjoy the soothing sound of the river and abundant birdsong from.
Pacuare Lodge wedding services can include:
• A bilingual lawyer to officiate the ceremony and take care of all the paperwork.
• Tropical flower arrangements – orchids, torch ginger, roses, table displays, etc.
• Live acoustic music, be it a local Calypso band, or violins.
• Photographer for the wedding and the rafting trip.
• Special lunch and dinner menus.
• Full bar and well-stocked wine cellar.
"Thank you for the most amazing & wonderful wedding + honeymoon!
Requirements for getting married in Costa Rica
Getting married in Costa Rica is easy, though you’ll have to wait a few months for your marriage certificate. The Pacuare Lodge can arrange for a lawyer to marry you with a pleasant, contemporary ceremony, which you’re welcome to modify with your own readings, prayers, poems, songs, etc. The Pacuare Lodge will put you in touch with the lawyer when you make your reservation, so you can get the necessary information to their office ahead of time.
Prior to arriving in Costa Rica, you will need to email, or fax the following information for both the bride and groom to the lawyer:
1. Full Name first, middle and last (no initials).
3. Home Address street address, not a P.O. Box.
4. Passport number and nationality: You will need to fax a copy of the photo page.
5. Marital status If divorced, indicate the date, city and state, name of Court that decreed the divorce, and the full name of ex-spouse; (if bride is divorced, her divorce date must be at least 300 days prior wedding date).
6. Date and place of birth (city, state, country).
7. Full name of Father and Mother and current citizenship (no initials).
9. Phone numbers and email addresses
10. Mailing Address: Where marriage certificate can be sent by courier service (no P.O. Box).
Two witnesses are required for the marriage. If friends will accompany you to Costa Rica to attend the wedding, the information in items 1-5 above for the two people who will serve as witnesses should be sent to the lawyer with the information on the bride and groom. Otherwise, the Pacuare Lodge can provide two witnesses.
The Marriage Certificate
Pacuare Lodge Wedding Package includes:
- Pick up & drop off at the airport to and from city hotel
- 2 nights in Grano de Oro in a Dbl Superior room
- Pacuare Lodge 4 day / 3 night Honeymoon Getaway Package in 1 Dbl River Suite (Arrival and departure by raft)
- Transportation for lawyer and photographer
- Professional photographer (3 hour session / 200 edited photos)
- Basic wedding cake
- Altar with tropical flower arrangements
- Wedding bouquet