Recommended Package List
Pacuare Lodge baggage allowance
Maximum weight :25 lbs/11.52 kgs
Size allowed :height 22in /width 8in /length16 in
The following is a list of equipment which should be packed separately for the Pacuare Adventure; this will be rafted to the Pacuare Lodge inside dry bags ( see image) which we will provide. If you are returning to San José and your drop off point is the same hotel of your pick up place please store your extra luggage at that hotel. In case you are not traveling back to San José we will gladly store the rest of your luggage in our warehouse in Siquirres during your tour.
For our tour´s timeliness, we kindly ask that you have your river equipment packed separately from the rest of your luggage at the time of pick-up in your hotel. Bags over the size or weight allowance will not be transported to the lodge.
All luggage, food and supplies are transported by our expert guides in an oarboat
Recommended River Clothing and Equipment List
Two / Three / Four Day Pacuare Adventure
- 1 pair of shorts to wear when rafting ( gym type shorts or pants are ok)
- 1 Dry Fit T-shirt or light cotton long or short-sleeved shirt for rafting
1 pair of outdoor type shoes for hiking and for use on the lodge grounds
1 pair of tennis shoes or sandals with straps suitable for rafting
- 1 light cap with wide brim or visor for sun
3 light shirts; cotton, long or short sleeved for lodge
- 2 pairs of light cotton or Dry Fit hiking trousers or shorts; jeans okay, but not recommended, because of weight and drying time
- 1 sweater or sweatshirt
- 1 windbreaker; unlined Anorak, shell type, which can be tied around your waist
3 sets of underwear
3 pairs of socks
- 1 spare pair of glasses, if you wear prescription lenses
Sunscreen or sun block
Toiletry kit; no aerosols
* Please add 1 or 2 change of clothes for each extra day at the lodge
**Please note that suggested clothes required depend mainly on weather which tends to change frequently in Costa Rica. Average temperature is in the 70 degrees Celsius. Costa Rica has 2 seasons, the dry season starting in January and ending in April and the rainy season beginning in May and ending in December. We recommend to be prepared for changes in weather.
- Waterproof camera (for rafting) or regular camera (with waterproof case, for hiking and lodge)
- 1 small compressible day pack
- 1 -2 Bandanas
- Plastic bags of various sizes (heavy-duty ziplock for film, books and small items)
At River Take-out you will be able to shower and change into dry clothes at our private facilities. Long pants, a shirt and light jacket/sweatshirt are recommended for the ride back to San José.
Up to the present we have never had any problems with theft at the river take out warehouse in Siquirres, however, and from this point on, Aventuras Naturales will not be held responsible for any lost or stolen objects. Therefore we will require guests to securely padlock all luggages left at our facilities.
It is also advisable for guests not to leave behind valuables or important documents. These should best be taken to the Pacuare Lodge in ziplock plastic bags or similar (we provide safety boxes in our bungalows). Additionally, guests who leave luggage at our facilities will be asked to sign a form consenting to the above conditions.